The mission of Global Development is to enable missionaries, pastors, and lay people to better distinguish the universal message of the gospel from their local interpretation and practice of living out the gospel within their communities.
The strategies for accomplishing this mission will be a team effort with local leaders and others who are gifted in the areas of discipleship training, storying the gospel for oral learners, missiological consulting, and other gifts and graces that people will bring to Global Development. This will be done by:
- Conducting seminars and training events with church workers, pastors, missionaries, and others around the world.
- Teaching intensive courses in the area of missiological anthropology.
- Publishing articles on gospel and culture issues in academic journals and magazines.
- Mentoring the next generation of missiologists and mission leaders.
- Consulting with churches and mission organizations on cross-cultural issues.
The hallmark of Dr. Whiteman’s teaching and training for many years has been grounded on the fact that God became incarnate in Jesus who entered fully into the life and time of his Jewish culture. This is the model for how Christians should go about cross-cultural ministry and relating to others. We need to enter deeply into the lives of those among whom we live and serve.